JHF's League Rules
Rules for JHF are in place not to restrict but to maintain order so that all members may have fun. If you have any questions, please contact an Admin.
* The hosting TD will post pairings in the chat and the first players in the pairings are responsible for making the tables. The first person or his/her partner may make the table. The teams making the tables have first choice of seats.
* The hosting TD is responsible for his/her tourney. If there are issues, the hosting TD has the final say.
* Tourneys should close on time. Please do not wait till the last minute to register.
* Do not register for another tourney if you are still playing in one.
* If needed staff may play and sub in a tourney.
* Finals for any tourney can be played to 5 instead of 10 to save time if those playing in finals agree. If one player does not agree, the tourney will be played to 10.
* For those playing in other leagues, you cannot play in two or more tourneys at the same time. This is a Case's rule. If it is determined that a player is playing in two or more leagues at the same time, it will be an automatic DQ.
* The hosting TD will report all wins and losses.
* Please read the game rules when you register for a tourney. If you have any questions, please ask the hosting TD before the tourney begins.
* Slow play is not cool and is no fun for the other members. A slow play warning may be given and a second slow play warning will result in a DQ.
* Table talk is not permitted. Table talk is anything that reveals the content of what is in your hand while that hand is still in play. If table talk does occur, the hosting TD will give a warning and DQ if necessary.
* We do not encourage personal chat in Yahoo or SHG or voice chat while playing. If it is determined that members are cheating in that manner, they will be automatically disqualified.
* Members who live in the same household are not allowed to enter a partner tourney or sub for one another in any tourney games. If Case's pairs those members together they may play together.
* There should be no negative comments made during play at the tables or in the chat. If there are issues, take those issues to messenger.
* All members/staff are expected to treat everyone with respect. Please keep cursing to a minimum. No F bombs allowed! Abusive members will be warned and further action will be taken if problems persist.
* This league was created as a place for those who love to play euchre and have fun. So let's keep all drama out of the league.
* Unless game rules state otherwise, there are no loners on 8 or 9. To go alone on 8 or 9 will result in a boo.
* In 1x1 (swiss or any game format to 5 or 10) only one boo is allowed per player per team. The second boo will be an automatic DQ.
* In 2x2 (swiss or any game format to 5 or 10) only one boo is allowed per team per tourney. The second boo will be an automatic DQ.
* In 3x3 (any game format to 5 or 10) only one boo is allowed per team per tourney. The second boo is an automatic DQ.
* If a boo is made, the person to the left of the person making the boo has the option of 1 or 2 skips. No skips are to be made without the hosting TD saying to do so.
* There are no fixable boos at all.
* No boos are allowed in finals. A boo in finals is an automatic DQ. If a sub makes a boo in finals, the boo rule will apply.
* There is a 5-minute timer for round one for games to 10.
* For rounds after one, members have a 3-minute timer for games to 10.
* There is a 3-timer for all quickie tourneys regardless of the round.
* In 2x2 tourneys (swiss or any game format), if a partner is missing in action, they will be timed for 5 or 3 minutes (depending on the round). After 5 or 3 minutes, the player (without a partner) may pick a sub to play. Those players still participating in the tourney cannot sub. The sub must be someone who is out of the tourney or someone who is not playing at all. If the team advances, the person subbing must finish out the tourney.